Slingshot v.2 Beta Tester Program

Hello everyone,
We are thrilled to announce the Beta Tester Program for the second version of our CAM software, Slingshot, specifically designed for our incredible Goliath CNC. We are reaching out to our amazing community for assistance in making Slingshot version 2 the best it can be.

The purpose of the BetaTtester Program is to gather valuable data and feedback to identify any potential bugs and ensure the stability of Slingshot 2 before its official release. We believe in the power of community and collaboration, and that’s why we need your help.

Becoming a beta tester is easy! Simply navigate to the “Settings” page within the first version of the software and click on the “Slingshot v. 2 beta” button. By joining the program, you’ll gain exclusive access to the latest features and improvements of Slingshot version 2, allowing you to explore its potential firsthand.

One of the key features of the Beta Tester Program is the automatic sharing of logs. This means that while using Slingshot version 2, any issues or errors encountered will be automatically shared with our development team. Rest assured that the sharing conditions and collected data are completely anonymous, ensuring your privacy and confidentiality.

We believe that our community’s feedback is invaluable in shaping the future of our products. Your participation as a beta tester not only helps us refine Slingshot but also contributes to the overall improvement of the CNC experience for all Goliath CNC users. Together, we can push the boundaries of what is possible with our innovative technology.

So, join us on this exciting journey and help us make Slingshot the most reliable and efficient CAM software available. Together, we will create something truly remarkable!

Thank you for being a part of our incredible community.
Warm regards,
Springa Team

2 Likes

Hello - does the beta program include a version for Mac computers?

no :frowning: unfortunately

Id be interested. There are alot of improvement that need to be made.

Good morning,

Im beta testing Slingshot v.2 and am having difficulties with tabs. I sent the zip files through the appropriate link but am not convinced anything actually went through. Here is the issue Im having.

When I attempt to add tabs to my project the tabs settings continually tells me that my tabs must meet a minimum size, my size exceeds the minimum requirements. No matter what size I insert, the tabs settings tells me repeatedly that essentially they arent the correct size. If I leave the tab settings “as is” and add tabs to my project, the tabs do not cut. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong. Suggestions or thoughts?

Hi Reddot1,
you have found a bug we did’t noticed.

this is a bug of the tab setting windows where the values of the text fields are not converted from mm to inches.
The workaround solution here is to type the dimensions of the tab as if the units are set in mm (even though the text fields show inches units).

Please look at the picture below to see what numbers can work for the case.
TabWindow_unitBug

We will solve this in the next update of Slingshot V2.

Slingshot version 2 has been officially realsed to everyone.
The Beta Tester Program can end today.

Thank you to everyone who took part in the program and helped us improve the software!!!