Spindle case must be closed?

Hi guys, yesterday I updated the goliath firmaware to 1.01.00 and in the evening I installed slingshot again by downloading it from the site and I saw that it was the updated version (1.7.9.0). With these two procedures the “spindle cage open” bug is solved. I did it from mac partitioned with bootcamp.

2 Likes

Hi Artu,

I’m having the same problem with the spindle cage open error message with the last Slingshot version 1.7.9.0 (which I didn’t get on previous software versions) but I can’t update the firmware (I have 1.0.1322021). Did you download it from the website (I can’t find it) ? When I try to go through Slinghsot, I first got the .NET error, installed it, then I got the COM port whatever thing. The link on Slingshot makes it quit so I went on the web address on my own, tried to install everything I could find, restarted the computer but I’m still stuck at this last step before flashing the firmware. Slinghsot doesn’t see the Goliath I plugged in. I’m also on a mac with bootcamp. Please HEEELP !

On windows from Boot Camp go to the Goliath site and download the firmwaretool, once downloaded do not click directly on it but right click on the mouse and extract, extract this, inside you will find the same file but with a different icon and that is The original that you have to run, at this point do everything the firmware update program tells you and when you get to the download part it starts automatically unlike the other times it did not start.

As for the .net error, make sure you have downloaded both drives as in the attached image.

Let me know if it works

Hi Artu,

Thanks for your reply, I 've already done all of this. I’m stuck at the “Select COM Port” step. The drop-down menu is empty to chose the USB COM Port and I installed all the drivers I could find on the recommended website (ftdichip). I can’t click next since I didn’t chose any port. I only have one on an old Macbook with an adapter USB-C to USBA-A but that seems irrelevant.

Did you go through this or did your mac instantly set up the right port at this step ?

Thanks

(Help from Springa would be higly appreciated also…)

Hello Guillet, we are sending you a private message in order to give you support :slight_smile:

I have same problem in fact multiple, I get machine last week, till now did not worked… First, machine come with olw firmware, I lost half of day to install it, souch tricky Firmware instalation I havent see till now. After this continous problem is that software indicate that cover of spoindle is not properly seted… I think, why so mouch problem… I havent worked onse and I have extra bad csutomer expereience… That is so mouch problem make this machine right…???

Hi Ferrodus, thank you very much for your post, as per our email exchange the problem is definitely due to your damaged pogo pins. The plate to apply to the protector that will solve the problem was shipped yesterday and will be with you in a few days.